Who knew SNOWIEST was even a word?!
Was February 2019 the SNOWIEST of all time?
How can I spend my Math Minutes?
- Create 1, 2, or 3 different graphs to display the data above. For a clearer image of the data, click here. Use the Create-A-Graph website to make a graph of the data. Be sure to include a title and label your axes.
- Top 5 Snowiest Februarys
- The Top 5 Snowiest Winter Seasons (Dec-Jan-Feb)
- Top 5 Snowiest Winters (Jul 1- Jun 20).
- Take a look at the graphs in the image below. For a clearer image of the graphs, click here. The information in the blue box is particularly helpful in reading the graphs. Answer any of the following questions by leaving a comment and/or leave a question for someone else to answer.
- How many times in January/February 2019 did the temperature range fall mainly in the record highs? What about the record lows?
- On how many dates was the temperature range very small (short blue bar)?
- How many times did the temperature range fall in the average section (green)?
- What do you find interesting about these graphs?