There are several writing contests happening in the next few months. For this EY Challenge, check out the writing contests below and find one (or two or three) to enter!
- Unsolved: Middle and High School Students~Due Oct. 29, 2021 https://youngwritersusa.com/contest/middle-high
- Overcoming Adversity Essay Contest: Grades 4-8~Due Oct. 31, 2021 https://www.scholastic.com/contests/index.html
- City of Omaha Human Rights & Relations 4th Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. “Living the Dream” Original Social Justice Short Essay: Grades 7-12~Due November 19 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qdb3TJLtI1i–SIJ1j230gIixLU38SWH/view?usp=sharing
- Favorite Character Sweepstakes: Grades K-3~Due Nov. 30, 2021 https://www.scholastic.com/contests/index.html
- Nebraska Scholastic Writing Contest: No age requirement is listed nor a specific writing prompt/topic~Due Dec. 15 https://www.artandwriting.org/regions/NE001W (NOTE: There is a cost associated with submitting to this contest so if you’d like to submit your work, check with the EY Coordinator at your building.)
- Ridiculous Writers: Elementary Students~Due Dec. 17, 2021 https://youngwritersusa.com/contest/elementary/ridiculouswriters#download-links
- Listen to a Life Story Contest: Ages 8-18~Due Apr. 15, 2022 https://legacyproject.org/7gen/ltalrules.html