This Math Minute is a fun Bridge Riddle from TEDEd. Make sure to pause right at 2:00 and try to figure it out BEFORE the answer is given in the video. No cheating!
How can you spend your Math Mintues this week?
- Draw out your solution to the riddle on a piece of paper.
- Make a video of the solution by acting it out with paper figures.
- Leave a comment with the answer to one of the questions below:
- Who is the slowest out of the four people in the riddle?
- How many people can the bridge hold at a time?
- Why does everyone crossing the bridge have to stay together?
- Which pair should go together first? Why?
- Which pair should go together second?
- Why do you have to get everyone to the other side before the zombies start to cross?
- Why does it help to have the two slowest people together?
- Post another riddle in the comments below. Don’t leave the answer! See if someone else can figure it out!