The twilight zone is a layer of water that stretches around the globe, just beyond the reach of sunlight and beyond the limit of photosynthesis in the ocean.
Watch this video about the amazing creatures that call the twilight zone home.
Choose 2 prompts below to show your thinking and learning after watching this video.
- You just bumped into a friend who wants to know what a hatchetfish is. Describe this creature to your friend using MANY details from the video.
- Do some research about the fangtooth mentioned in the video. Record what you learned in an interesting manner.
- The anglerfish has a bioluminescent lure. Do research to find 10 other animals that are bioluminescent.
- What is so unique about the dragonfish?
- Life in the twilight zone looks weird or even frightening to us, but these animals have evolved to survive, and even thrive, in conditions that we could never hope to endure. What are some of the ways twilight zone animals might think we look weird or even frightening?
Lesson adapeted from https://ed.ted.com/lessons/could-you-survive-the-real-twilight-zone-philip-renaud-and-kenneth-kostel#digdeeper