May 19, 2016: Along the seafront of Naples in Italy, 100 chefs collaborated to create a 1,853.88 metres (6082.2 feet / 1.15 miles) long Neapolitan, which Guinness World Records has just confirmed is officially the Longest pizza ever made. ~Guinness World Records
How can I spend my Math Minutes this week?
- Find out about all the “numbers” associated with creating this mile-long pizza! Link to article: http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2016/5/italian-chefs-create-mile-long-neapolitan-to-break-longest-pizza-record-429657 Post a comment below with an amazing fact you learned by reading the article.
- Many of the measurements in the article are given in metric units. Use an online conversion calculator to change any of the measurements from metric to customary (online calculator: http://www.sciencemadesimple.net/weight.php)
- If you could choose to make a “mile” of your favorite food, what would it be? What ingredients would need? What special tools would you need to have on hand? Write a story about your “mile of food” and include an illustration.
- Read about other food-related world records and post a comment about something new you learned.
- 3 Meter Tall Ice-Cream Cone: http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/brand-or-agency/2015/7/ice-cream-company-scoops-world-record-with-three-metres-tall-cone-389070
- Cheddar Cheese Sculpture: http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/brand-or-agency/2015/9/us-restaurant-proves-it-is-the-big-cheese-with-enormous-cheddar-sculpture-397996