01000011 01101111 01100100 01100101 01110011 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01000011 01101111 01101111 01101100 00100001
in English, Codes are Cool!
Do you have your own secret code that you use with your friends? Do you like writing notes to people? Do you like to write in a diary? Do you like solving puzzles and finding patterns? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you might want to check out this Math Minute!
- Go to https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/number/ascii-to-binary.html and type in a sentence in English. Then tap the convert button to translate your message to binary.
- Learn about the Pigpen cipher (also known as masonic cipher, Freemason’s cipher, Napoleon cipher, and tic-tac-toe cipher) by watching this video: https://youtu.be/s5XRTcLYy40 Then, write a message using what you learned.
- Watch this video about the Enigma Machine at Numberphile: https://youtu.be/G2_Q9FoD-oQ Post a comment about something new you learned.
- Learn about the Caesar Cipher by watching this video: https://youtu.be/o6TPx1Co_wg Then create a message for someone else to figure out. Be sure to include the shift number!
- Find out how a code was used to catch someone red-handed! https://www.pcmag.com/news/369045/genius-we-caught-google-red-handed-stealing-lyrics-data