Calling all 4th-6th graders! It’s time to start thinking about BOTB 2019!
- Students will form teams of three or four students. Teams may have five students, but at most four students may compete in any round.
- Each team will provide at least one parent volunteer to assist during part of the competition in March, in addition to a team parent to accompany the team on battle day.
- Since this is a team event, individual students do not have to read all of the books on the list to participate.
- This event is open to all 4th through 6th grade students in the District.
- Registration will begin in October
- The battle will be held on the morning of March 30, 2019 at Westside Middle School.
BOTB Book List: 2019 Golden Sower nominees
1. Soar by Joan Bauer
2. The Wild Robot by Peter Brown
3. All Rise for the Honorable Perry T. Cook by Leslie Connor
4. Moo: A Novel by Sharon Creech
5. Garvey’s Choice by Nikki Grimes
6. Slacker by Gordan Korman
7. Wish by Barbara O’Connor
8. Maxi’s Secrets: (Or, What You Can Learn from a Dog) by Lynn Plourde
9. Towers Falling by Jewell Parker Rhodes
10. Save Me a Seat by Sarah Weeks and Gita Varadarajan
All of these books are available to borrow from the Omaha Public Library and will be available in the school libraries. If you would like to purchase books, check out The Bookworm, Half Price Books, or Amazon.com.