A flash of harmless lightning, A mist of rainbow dyes, The burnished sunbeams brightening From flower to flower he flies. ~John Banister Tabb
Learn about these amazing tiny flying machines by completing the following…
- Start by watching a video about hummingbirds: http://blogs.kqed.org/science/2015/03/31/what-happens-when-you-put-a-hummingbird-in-a-wind-tunnel/
- Show what you learned by choosing two of the prompts to complete. Post your response as a comment or email your response to the EY coordinator at your building.
- Using many details, explain how a hummingbird hovers.
- How does a hummingbird continue to hover in wind and rain? Explain the process for both.
- What part of the video was most interesting to you and why?
- What other questions do you have about hummingbirds?
- Take it a step further by conducting research to find another animal that is in a symbiotic relationship. Provide information about both parts of the relationship and how they support one another.