Whether you’re creating one with a folded piece of paper and pair of scissors or you’re learning about the science and math behind them…
Snowflakes are so FASCINATING!
For this week’s Weekly Challenge, you have several different learning choices. Pick as many activities as you’d like and then demonstrate your learning by creating a product.
- Learn about The Science Behind Snow: https://www.noaa.gov/stories/how-do-snowflakes-form-science-behind-snow
- TED-Ed The science of snowflakes – Maruša Bradač: https://youtu.be/FwGH4gulLX4
- The Beauty and Science of Snowflakes: https://ssec.si.edu/stemvisions-blog/beauty-and-science-snowflakes
- Making Paper Snowflakes: https://www.marthastewart.com/266694/decorating-with-paper-snowflakes
- Make a 6-Pointed Paper Snowflake: https://www.instructables.com/How-to-Make-6-Pointed-Paper-Snowflakes/
- The Koch Snowflake: http://gofiguremath.org/fractals/koch-snowflake/
- How to Make Borax Crystal Snowflakes: https://www.livescience.com/41636-borax-crystal-snowflakes.html