According to kenkenpuzzle.com…
It’s not a crossword. It’s not some extreme version of tic-tac-toe. So what is KENKEN and where did it come from? Simply put, it’s a grid-based numerical puzzle that uses the basic math operations—addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division—while also challenging your logic and problem-solving skills.
How can you spend your Math Minutes this week?
- Watch this Video Introduction to Solving KenKen Puzzles
- Go to http://www.kenkenpuzzle.com/play_now and try a KENKEN puzzle online! NOTE: This only works on a computer that has Flash. If you’re on your iPad, try clicking this link and downloading some and printing them out.
- Here’s another link to download and print more KenKen puzzles.
- Post a comment about something new you learned. Maybe post a challenge you experienced when trying to solve a KENKEN.
- Completing 5 Math Minutes earns you a Math Minute Maniac badge! Email the EY Coordinator at your building when you’ve completed 5 Math Minutes this year to claim your badge!
10 thoughts on “#3: Can you KENKEN?”
Wow ken ken puzzles really make you think!
Dang Ken Ken is hard. The ones I did in school are much easier
It is harder then you think.
Thanks for visiting our blog Brady! I agree, they are harder than they first appear 😉
Ken ken puzzles are hard at first, but if you think, they are easy.
Wow puzzles are great!!!
It gets really hard when you get to 9 x 9 grid . And I found a ken ken app!
Awesome Jack! I had another student find an app and I need to download it.
It’s really addicting – like sudoku.
I learned that a ken ken puzzle is like a sudoku puzzle.