NJHS Application Help Sessions
Last year the WMS NJHS Faculty Council noted that some students might benefit from instruction on how to fill out an application, specifically how to highlight applicable experiences and how to phrase answers to the question(s) being asked. We decided to offer some application help sessions this year to see if it would improve the quality of applications.
Here are some details about the help sessions:
- The help sessions are not mandatory. Students may attend none, one, or multiple sessions.
- The first 10-15 minutes of the help session will be spent going over some tips for filling out applications. For the remainder of the session, students can get one-on-one help with their application and/or just sit and work on completing the application. Passes will be written for the late bus and/or sports. Students can also leave early if a ride is picking them up.
- Sessions will run from 3:20-4:00 in the PAC or during Warrior Time (see below). Please fill out the Google Form if you plan to attend a session. Students will be sent a reminder email the day before the session.
Help Session Dates:
- Thursday, February 10 (during Warrior Time)
- Tuesday, February 15 (after school)
- Thursday, February 17 (during Warrior Time)
- Tuesday, February 22 (after school)
- Thursday, February 24 (during Warrior Time)
Google Form Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScsIP_cDMsXzLQjpCfSzfRucN2jNPaTz8G2puXNH5d7QG9JmA/viewform?usp=sf_link
Membership in Westside Middle School’s National Junior Honor Society is invitation-only and a specific honor. The NJHS Everyday Pillars of Scholarship, Service, Leadership, Character, and Citizenship are used for the membership selection process.
Read more about the Everyday Pillars of NJHS by visiting the link below.
Everyday Pillars of NJHS
The Munroe-Meyer Recreational Therapy Program would like to invite you to volunteer!
The program offers student volunteers, ages 13 to 25, hands on experience interacting with children and youth with developmental disabilities. If you are interested in health care or teaching, this would be a great opportunity. Find out more and/or apply by clicking the link below.
More Information & Application: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_VWpJHkicreo9BaOnyTKUWKT9eplxS_9/view?usp=sharing
There a many ways to help serve in our community!
Check out the opportunities below!
Want to keep Omaha beautiful? How about litter clean up?
Make sack lunches for the hungry:
Like to do data entry?
Want to roll candles?
Time on Mondays? Help flood victims
Like to cook?
Love animals and have time on Fridays?
Fight against hunger? (need 2.5 hours at a time)
Every 2nd Saturday – help feed families:
Like to dance? Enjoy working with little kids? (2 hour increments) Help on Saturday’s:
Love horses? Got 5 hours?
Want to make plastic bag blankets for the homeless?
Sew? Crochet? Knit?
Love flowers? Crafty? Make bouquets!
Like Music and instruments?
We’ve made leadership about changing the world, and there is no world. There’s only six billion understandings of it. And if you change one person’s understanding of it, understanding of what they’re capable of, understanding how much people care about them, understanding of how powerful an agent for change they can be in this world, you’ve changed the whole thing! ~Drew Dudley
Who has made your life better? How can you make some else’s life better? Leave a comment below!
Calling all NJHS Members…
Create your own student account with a parent or guardian and upon doing so, you will receive the most up-to-date information about NJHS programs and activities.
Step 1: Go to https://www.njhs.us/studentaccount/ and select NOTE: If you are under the age of 13, the COPPA Parental Consent Form needs to be filled out first. https://www.nhs.us/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/NASSP_COPPA_Parental_Consent_Form_EN.pdf
Fill out the required information to create an account. You should be able to find Westside Middle School without an Affiliation Number. Once you’ve finished creating an account and it has been verified, you’ll be able to access the resources on the site.