Rules of the Game
You need to fish to survive!
- Each round will last 1 minute
- You will be fishing with your straw. Only whole fish will count.
- If you take 0 or 1 fish, your family will starve and you will lose the game
- If you take 2 fish your family will live, but you won’t make any money
- If you take more than 2 fish you can ‘sell’ them for points
- When your group runs out of fish the game is over
- Each fish remaining at the end of the year is able to spontaneously reproduce and make one new fish. For example, 2 fish become 4, 4 fish become 8, up to a max of 16
- NO COMMUNICATION WHILE FISHING!!!
Use the following tables to keep track of the points.
-Did anyone in your group take too many fish? How did that make you feel? Did everyone try to take as many as possible? Why or why not?
-What was your strategy for round 2?
-How did your strategy change?
-What is a model?
-What other models do you know of? Can you use your strategies in them?