Where is your favorite place to eat pizza? My Top 3 are Sortinos, Mama’s Pizza, and Papa Johns. Of course whenever we eat pizza as a family, we have to make up some math problems! Explore some “pizza math” by completing the activities below.
How can you spend your Math Minutes?
- Calculate the area, circumference, and price per square inch of the next pizza you order. Make a display of the math/calculations. Compare it to a pizza from another location.
- Watch the videos at: https://youtu.be/WdmlODxZm1w and http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/a22162/pizza-math/ and post a comment about something new you learned.
- Play Papa’s Pizzeria at: http://www.coolmath-games.com/0-papas-pizzeria or play Tony Fraction’s Pizza Shop at: http://mrnussbaum.com/tonyfraction/
- Read about how to cut a better slice of pizza with math at: http://www.popsci.com/cut-better-slice-pizza-with-math and post a comment about something new you learned.
- Play Pizza Fractions at: http://math.rice.edu/~lanius/fractions/