Did you hear that Scooter’s Coffee broke the Guinness World Record for the largest cake pop?! This mini spark will give you the opportunity to learn more, explore spheres, and maybe even make your own cake pops!
Activity choices for this math mini spark
- Read the article and leave a comment about something new you learned: https://www.3newsnow.com/news/local-news/scooters-coffee-breaks-guinness-world-record-for-the-largest-cake-ball
- With an adult’s permission, make your own cake pops. Send a picture of your finished product to the EY Coordinator at your school.
- Learn about SPHERES at https://www.splashlearn.com/math-vocabulary/geometry/sphere and think of a creative way to show what you learned.
- Look at the website linked below to find the diameter of some of your favorite sports balls. Calculate the SA and Volume and display your learning in a creative way. https://www.topendsports.com/resources/equipment/ball-size.htm
- Have you ever bought a cake pop? How much was it and was the cost worth the taste? Explore the price of cake pops from different stores and make a table comparing the data. You can find out the cost by visiting a place in-person, or find a website that tells you the information. Display your data in a creative way and share with the EY Coordinator at your building.