Do you know what day of the week you were born on? If not, you could…
- Ask your parent(s)/guardian(s) if they remember the day of the week.
- You could “Google”: What day of the week was May 16, 1975 (that’s my birthday)
You can do this ridiculously long way…which is more fun IMO!
Step 1: Take the last 2 digits of the year in which you were born.
Step 2: Divide that number by 4 and ignore any remainder.
Step 3: Add the day of the month.
Step 4: Add the month’s key value.
- January and October:Key Value = 1
- February, March, and November: Key Value = 4
- April and July: Key Value = 0
- May: Key Value = 2
- June: Key Value = 5
- August: Key Value = 3
- September and December: Key Value = 6
Step 5: Subtract 1 for January or February of a leap year.
- Add 0 if the date is in the 1900s
- Add 6 if the date is in the 2000s
- Add 4 for the 1700s
- Add 2 for the 1800s
Step 7: Add the last 2 digits of the year.
Step 8: Divide by 7 and take the remainder.
- Remainder 1 is Sunday
- Remainder 2 is Monday
- Remainder 3 is Tuesday
- Remainder 4 is Wednesday
- Remainder 5 is Thursday
- Remainder 6 is Friday
Now double-check your work by searching on Google! Bonus: Create a product that shows your work! Look below for an example.