What is your favorite kind of cookie? Mine is chocolate chip and I especially love my mother-in-law’s recipe that has pudding in the batter. Yum!
For this week’s Math Minute, look at the choices below and get started!
- Watch this video about one of America’s favorite cookies. Jot down some facts as you watch the video. Complete this quiz afterwards. One response per person. Duplicate responses will be eliminated.
- Check out this website listing 15 interesting facts about the “World’s Favorite Cookie”. Post a comment below with something new and interesting you read. One comment = 1 Entry for the cookies for your class. In your comment, include your first name, grade, and school (i.e. Toby, 2, Sunset).
- Oreo Thins have a diameter of 4.5 centimeters and a thickness of 7.5 millimeters. Write your answers to the following questions on a sheet of paper with your first and last name, school, grade, and teacher. Have your teacher put it in the “Pony” to Sunset Hills EY. One entry per student please.
- What is the Circumference (C = pi * diameter) of an Oreo Thin?
- What is the Area (A = pi * radius squared) of an Oreo Thin?
- How tall would a stack of 10 Oreo Thins be?
image taken from https://www.pdclipart.org/
21 thoughts on “#59: World’s Favorite Cookie”
Oreo Big Stuff were discontinued and had 10 times the filling!
Hogs hate Oreos.
Hydrox came first two years before Oreos!
There was a big stuff Oreo but they took it off the market, but people still miss it.
There used to be big stuff Oreos but the people stopped selling them, but everybody misses them. Also the first Oreo was created on March, 6 1912. There used to be a lemon meringue Oreo but they stopped production in the 1920s.
Oreo “O’s” (cereal) were made in 1998.
Oreo’s have different recipes and flavors in China.
I learned that hogs liked every kind of Oreo except the mint one!
I learned that “big stuff” Oreos were a thing. I never heard of them.
The name is a mystery for Oreos
Oreos are the top selling cookies
One of the first flavors was lemon meringue but didn’t stick around
There are 12 flowers, 12 dashes, and 12 dots all on one Oreo cookie!
Oreos celebrated its birthday by a birthday cake flavor (limited edition)
There used to be a Oreo O’s cereal
Oreos are the worlds best selling cookie and have sold 450 billion cookies since 1912
There’s a tool for dipping your Oreos in Milk easier ( or water if you can’t have milk and you are like my friend who thinks they are toooo sweet)
What’s the tool? Who designed it? Now I’m intrigued!
Umm I don’t know who invented it but it is called the Dipr. It is a long curved stick to fit in the glass and it holds the Oreo in a snug postition so you can easily dunk your Oreo in milk without getting all wet with milk.
I just looked it up and it sells at Bed Bath and Beyond. I’m going this weekend!
This tool is called The Dior and it’s supposed to be a hook-like tool to dip your cookies without loosing any part of it. I have not tried it but I might someday.
(Ruby is now talking)Double- stuf is a lie! It’s rigged! The frosting/icing is not exactly doubled! Ahhhhhhhhh! It’s actually only 1.86 times bigger instead of double! It’s a tragedy! It’s a trick!( Fiona is now talking) But it’s ok because we don’t need too much sugar and the cookie is the same size. (Ruby)But it’s not! It’s a marketing disaster. And Oreo thins. Don’t get me started with these. Fiona doesn’t like the filling so she’s okay with it but it’s not! (Fiona) Americans already eat way too much junk food! I think it is ok that it is A LITTLE BIT under double!(Ruby) .14 percent under!! Just a little. Our life’s are on the line of extinction! Don’t let this marketing deal get away! It’s a big deal! (Fiona) I do agree that they SHOULD NOT call it double stuff if it isn’t even DOUBLE! THEY SHOULDNT CALL IT DOUBLE STUFF, THEY SHOULD CALL IT 1.86 TIMES MORE!!!!(RUBY) I know you get my point but what would Einstein think of this! It’s a disgrace to human kind!
You girls need to make a video of this! 🙂