We have lots of kids who are super interested in programming, and I just know we have a few app developers in our midst! How cool would that be?!
On the iPad…
1. Cargo-Bot: Free on iTunes
This app has students writing programs that control a robotic arm to move, sort, and stack colored crates. The computer language is simple enough for younger kids, but challenging for even middle school kids.
2. Hopscotch: Free on iTunes
This app is a great introduction to programming for kids.
3. Move the Turtle: $2.99 on iTunes
Teaches students the basics of programming (actual coding)
4. Daisy the Dinosaur: Free on iTunes
Similar to Hopscotch
On the computer…
5. Scratch: Download for free at http://scratch.mit.edu/
Great programming environment for kids! This is a must!
7. CODE.org: Another great online resource to learn programming. http://code.org/learn
8. Khan Academy: Yet another great online resource to learn about computer programming.